This guide to help all of you young girls that are trying to find great deals on Coach bags at garage sales, eBay, and the like. I just want to make sure you do not get ripped off by somebody telling you its a real Coach Bag, because it has happened to me. I have a bunch of tips that will be really helpful.
1) The easiest way to tell if a Coach bag is, to look at the symmetry of the print on the bag. Any authentic Coach bag will have a perfectly symmetrical print on both sides of the bag, right down the middle. What I see on some fake bags is that many times the print is off center, or if you look at the stitching make sure the print is perfectly symmetrical over the stitching. Another mistake is that sometimes they will have a single row of “C”s and then they will be flipped, but on all signature Coach bags, even the op-art design there will always be two rows of “C”s and then two rows of “C”s, even down the side. The reason it is symmetrical is that an authentic Coach bag is made from one piece of leather wrapped around, while knockoffs put together bags from whatever pieces they can find to save money.
2) Another thing is too take a look at the inside, and look at the lining. If the bag is a signature bag and it has the “C” print on the outside, there will never ever be a “C” logo on the inside of an authentic bag. But if your bag is a plain bag with no “C” print then it may have one on the inside, but never both on the outside and inside. This is true for all sizes of bags, even their wallets. It may just have stripes of colors on the inside.
3) The next thing you want to check for if you are not sure about the authenticity of a bag is the stitching. Knockoffs are made very hastily and cheaply, they do not pay much attention to the stitching and it is usually pretty “crappy”. On a fake Coach the stitching may be uneven, not perfectly strait, thicker in some areas, or maybe even crooked. On a real Coach the stitching will be perfectly even, always flawless, even on the buckles. This is a good giveaway for most bags because knockoffs don’t pay much attention to stitching detail.
4) The next thing to check is the Creed on the inside, it is the leather piece on most of the larger bags which says this is a Coach bag. Authentic Coach bags that has a creed should have a serial number underneath the creed, on most fakes there is a creed but no serial number underneath. Also check out the material, it should be flat, high quality leather. On many fakes ones it is puffy like it is stamped. And don’t get worried if there is no creed in your bag, many of the smaller bags don’t have any creed at all.
5)The next thing is the zipper. Coach zippers are the highest quality zippers, they should last you a lifetime. That is why we pay so much for these bags, because it is something that can keep for the rest of our lives. So just try the zipper, it should be getting caught or stuck, and should zip very smoothly.
6) The next segment is hardware, and that is any metal on a bag. On an authentic Coach bag, the metal is either nickel or brass and should have a weight to it. So if you are checking out the bag in person, feel the metal, does it feel like real metal, or just metal-coated plastic. It should not be really shinny plastic looking. Also on eBay I always see the metal wrapped in plastic, many other brands do this on their bags to keep it scratch free until you bring it home, but a real Coach bag will never have the metal hooks and hardware wrapped in plastic.
7) Also another little thing is to check the buckle connecting any metal rings or hardware. It should be a good fit and not very loose. A lot of times I see on fake bags that there is a huge loop around the wring.
8) Another thing is to look at the tags. They now make metal tags so it can come in leather or metal now. They also come in new shiny tags so that cannot be used anymore as a method to tell if its fake. But you should see the stitching on the tags and make sure its flawless. On a lot of fake tags the Coach logo might be crooked or the stitching will be weird.
9) The next thing is to check the dust bag, it should feel like very high quality satin. If you can’t see it in person, then look at the colors. It is almost always brown, and will always have either a white/cream colored string or a red string. The bag may also be another color but very rarely so don’t worry if its not brown, but make sure to look at the string. The bag will also have the established date on the bag.
10) The last thing that is a dead giveaway for a knockoff bag is the quality of the leather. A fake bag will not be real leather because that is way to expensive, it will probably be pleather. So make sure it is thick and not flimsy. Coach bags are made to last you a life time so it should be some serious heavy duty leather, try tugging on it, it should not be something that feels like it would break after five years.
Well those are my tips and I hope they help you to never get ripped off again. I usually find great deals on eBay and with many of the Coach coupons and deals going on at the store. You can check out my site below which has a bunch of more buying tips and Coach coupons and deals.
For more shopping tips and Coach coupons you can check out my site http://coach-coupons.com/